Congratulations to the winners of our Wing Recipe Contest! We had dozens of entries but unfortunately, we could only choose 4 winners.
And the winners are…
Sweet and Sticky Wings by Kim B. (Home Store: Kappy’s – Norwell)
- 2 pounds fresh chicken wings
- ¼ cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons stone grain mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped scallions for garnish (optional)
- Place all ingredients in a slow cooker. Toss wings to coat evenly.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours until tender.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place wings on a large baking sheet. Brush wings with marinade from slow cooker.
- Broil 2-3 minutes until crispy.
- Serve hot.
Favorite pairing: Sam Adams Coldsnap
Damn Good Crispy Wings by Paul D. (Home Store: Kappy’s – Fitchburg)
- 10 whole chicken wings, cut into flats and drumettes. Discard tips or use for a stock.
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt Sauce (see below)
- 1/4 cup hot sauce (or more, to taste)
- 3 Tbsp. butter (melted)
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Place a rack onto a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, toss the flats and drumettes with the baking powder and salt. Place wings on the rack in single layer and cook for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, raise the heat to 425°F until brown and crispy, 40-50 minutes.
- Take wings out and let rest 5 minutes.
- Toss in sauce (above) or use your favorite sauce.
Favorite pairing: Harpoon IPA or Wormtown Be Hoppy
Sweet & Boozy Wings by Steve G. (Home Store: Kappy’s – Hyannis)
- 12 – full wings (flap removed and split drummies & pins) yield 24 pieces
- 1 – cup Wild Turkey Honey Bourbon
- 1/2 – cup light brown sugar
- 1 – Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 – Tbsp Tabasco (more if you like it spicier)
- 1 – Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning (less if you want it milder)
- 1/2 – Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Put all ingredients into a sealable bag and put in refrigerate for at least 2 hours. If you can do it over night is best. Regardless of how long you marinade be sure to turn the bag several times so that all parts of wings get coated.
- These can be either grilled (watch the flames) or baked in oven at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes uncovered or until internal temp is about 165 degrees.
- To crisp them up, put under the broiler the last 3-5 minutes.
- Serve plain or with a honey bourbon sauce. (use brown sugar, whiskey, ginger powder, garlic powder, dried mustard, tabasco, and Worcestershire sauce).
Favorite pairing: Sam Adams Cherry Wheat or Lager, or Wild Turkey Honey Bourbon
Teriyaki gooey wings you can’t eat just 10 by Robin S. (Home Store: Kappy’s – Fall River)
- 3 family packs of wings cut in half and tips cut off.
- 3 cups of sugar
- 3 cups of white wine (barefoot yellow bottle)
- Lots of crushed garlic
- 3 cups of soy sauce
- 4 tbsp of ginger.
- Preheat oven 375.
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a sauce pan.
- Open each package of wings and place them in a uncovered foil pan, you should have 3 pans.
- Divide sauce between 3 pans.
- Bake at 375’ for 3-1/2 hours until sauce is thick and gooey!
- Every 1/2 hour baste wings!
They are delicious!!!!
Favorite pairing: Any beer or wine of your choice.
Make one or all of these awesome wings for your upcoming Super Bowl party (ok… they are all SO delicious, maybe we make them for dinner AND all of our parties!!
To find the favorite pairings, simply visit your local Kappy’s Fine Wine & Spirits.
Congratulations everyone and GO PATS!!!!